I have a very persnickety patient with some very specific needs and very little flexibility. He's tall, he has a large head and a very wide bridge, and he is in need of a multifocal. Every frame I put on him he pushes as far up his nose as possible, then he proceeds to tilt his head back to look down at you through the bottom of the lens to demonstrate that glasses these days are somehow decidedly inferior to glasses in the past; no glasses will possibly suit him and he takes delight in that.
He only wants a metal frame; a Silhouette would be perfectly customizable, but he absolutely refuses to compromise on what he wants. He refuses to acknowledge that he will have to learn to move his head to use a multifocal, so I'm fairly certain that even if I find the perfect frame the fact that he is tall means automatic complaints about looking at people through the bifocal. He is even refusing to get a new exam until he can find a frame because he sees no point in getting a prescription that he can't fill. My suggestions that there are health reasons to get an annual exam fell on deaf ears as well.
I feel like his desire is to be a martyr more than to solve a problem, but I'm going to do my best. Frankly, I'd just as soon lose his business to someone else. I need an XL frame with a 20-minimum bridge and a very deep B measurement. Can't find anything from my usual vendors (Safilo, Marchon, REM).
Big head, wide bridge, picky patient
He only wants a metal frame; a Silhouette would be perfectly customizable, but he absolutely refuses to compromise on what he wants. He refuses to acknowledge that he will have to learn to move his head to use a multifocal, so I'm fairly certain that even if I find the perfect frame the fact that he is tall means automatic complaints about looking at people through the bifocal. He is even refusing to get a new exam until he can find a frame because he sees no point in getting a prescription that he can't fill. My suggestions that there are health reasons to get an annual exam fell on deaf ears as well.
I feel like his desire is to be a martyr more than to solve a problem, but I'm going to do my best. Frankly, I'd just as soon lose his business to someone else. I need an XL frame with a 20-minimum bridge and a very deep B measurement. Can't find anything from my usual vendors (Safilo, Marchon, REM).
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire